22 July 2011

About Poem "Pioneers"

This was written on 20 July 2011 the anniversary of moon landing in 1969.  The next day the shuttle Atlantis landed in Florida, the end of the last shuttle mission.  Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints celebrate 24 July as the day Brigham Young and company came into the Salt Lake Valley in 1847.  My mind kind of latched onto those three pioneering events and then said, “What about these poems and blog?  This is a scary pioneering effort for me.”  I figure there are others out there doing similar but their own scary pioneer thing.  Thanks to those that have supported me in this new endeavor, most especially my two previewers, Christine and Karen.

Now go out and do some pioneering of your own and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment