15 January 2018

Monday 15 Jan 18 OPA Finally a camera day

Sunny day today and a holiday. Took off with DSLR to be creative. Headed West and took turn to Dungeness Park as my first stop. Heard some birds but didn't see any. Heard and saw through clouds a low flying aircraft. There is a small plane airport nearby. Chatted with a few folk as hiked the path to the spit and back. The hike pointed out I need to wear ankle braces when hiking and some trekking poles might be a good idea too. I did get a little cool across my shoulders. First time I've been cold here. Stopping to take pictures was the problem, as long as kept moving I was comfortable. Being at beach with constant wind it was chilly. 

After that visit, turned back east and just drove and saw sign for the Olympic Game Farm, so headed there. Not what I expected. Kind of sad. The only free roaming animals are the hoofed mammals and birds. The bears had large area to roam too. The carnivores were in cages. Larger than the old fashion zoo cages, but not big enough to run in. The wolves were next to the rabbits. That is down right cruel in my opinion. The hoofed mammals came up to cars looking for bread that they sell for you to feed the animals - get up close and personal I guess. I didn't get any bread, so they weren't so happy with me. No car damage. Again that they would be so trained to come to cars expecting a handout was sad. The game farm in Arizona up by the Grand Canyon was better. Weren't as close to animals, but the animals were more natural. Between bright sun and wanting to keep the animals' muzzles out of my car, I didn't take many pictures.

Continued east on the road and found myself at Marlyn Nelson Park at Point Williams. Small park with boat ramp. Nice view of snow cover mountain to northeast. Forgot to mention my first pictures of the day were of the snow covered mountains to west and south nicely lit from sun. 

Decided to call it a day and go back to motel for food and shower before going out this evening. That trip out was cancelled due to a couple of dizzy spells. Stayed away from car and did laundry instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment