12 January 2018

Friday 12 Jan OPA bird call wake up and storage unit

Happy Friday! Woke up and very soon after bird call practice started next door. It was an interesting thing to happen so soon after waking up. Fortunately not loud duck calls. I was not awake enough to recognize any birds even if I was all that familiar with bird calls. 

Spent morning calling local self storage places. No open units, until one had two units of suitable size open. One place did not return my call, so went out to visit and ask in person. No open units. Not a wasted drive to Carlsburg. Nice little town area. Saw some interesting photo possibilities. Took the one unit that has easier access for 18 wheel truck. 

The first month of storage with moving company is free, after that over $1,000/month for the amount I have. I'm still within first month. I had sent email asking what size storage unit I would need for all the household goods currently stored. The rent is $300/month saving over $700/month. Go me! The storage place will provide pallets to put the boxes on. With the damper weather here that is important with concrete floors. 

Feels so good to have one thing checked off 'to do' list. 

Did grocery shopping at Walmart and Safeway on way back to motel. Had dinner with Gwen and good conversation and then load of laundry once back at motel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment