20 November 2017

Twilight Auction Red Blanket

The red blanket, lot #606, from Swan house in Breaking Dawn 2 was my last item to bid on. I am starting this short series of posts on the auction with this item because it is the one I am keeping for myself.

During the online auction, people were posting on a Facebook thread about wins, losses, battles. I noted that my bid for the red blanket had been outbid. I raised mine, outbid shortly after. This happened while the auction was still about 200 items away. I then posted that there was a battle going on over it. I mentioned that I wanted it for my new home in Sequim and my accent color was red.

I started watching it more closely, but waited to raise my bid. As closing item time got closer, the biding back and forth continued. Then messenger on my phone beeped at me. Jack Morrissey at first scared me to death. His phrasing had me thinking that I was bidding against him. Then second message, not that, he asked what my max bid was and if reached beyond that he would take over and make sure I got the blanket. That is when I really started shaking. Nerves at the bidding on it and overwhelmed at his generosity.  As it turned out, my last winning bid was under my max. I think there was some minor computer drama on the one I was using to bid with that happened too, but no lasting impact. Thank you Jack for having my back like a big brother or favorite uncle even if younger than I am and all the advice going into the auctions.

I wanted the blanket for reason given, but also one of my favorite fan fiction author, Windchymes, puts a cashmere blanket in her stories. Bella or Edward use it. I reread her stories more than the original because the characters are a little more mature, they usually communicate much better than in the original. There is still drama and some angst, but not of the teenage variety. For me they are more realistic and more relatable; which considering we are talking about vampires and shapeshifters really shouldn’t matter much.

Now I have a piece of the Twilight movies to own and use or will have come January 2018. Something from the last movie won at the last auction as I am preparing to move from my home for past 30 years. It connects the past and the future. It will remind me of favorite stories both the original Twilight Saga and favorite fan fiction stories. Hopefully I can wrap myself up in it as read new stories from Windchymes.

This is posted without benefit of prereader, please be kind in reporting any errors. 

2 comments: