20 November 2017

Twilight Auction Merchant of Venice

The copy of Merchant of Venice (MoV) with Alice’s torn out note, lot #590, was my second win. I love books. I really like the Twilight books a lot more than the movies. There is already a copy of Romeo and Juliet from New Moon in the Forks Twilight Collection. It needs the company of Merchant of Venice, Wurthering Heights, and Robert Frost.

Shortly after the catalog for this auction was available, I asked Lissy Andros and Jack Morrissey if they were going after any of the books. They said that they weren’t but would make nice addition to the Collection. So my plotting began.

I should mention that there were available several copies of MoV books. Most were nice and clean copies with torn out note. There was one slightly burned with note inside, but not the torn out one. There was a mostly burned copy as well. I debated between the slightly burned one and a nice clean copy with the torn out note.

A couple days before end of auction, Jack contacted me that someone else, Jan Pool, was asking about donating to the Collection a copy of MoV. I contacted Jan and she was interested in the slightly burned copy. I decided to go for one of the clean copies with torn out note. The slight burned copy with the torn out note is the ideal companion to Romeo and Juliet book. I could donate just the note if they don’t want the clean copy.

It was the fifth copy of the book that I was finally able to win at a reasonable price. Jan won her lot also. I did battle up to a point on two other copies. One was already out of my range and somehow missed one earlier copy. Those battles got me ready for my red blanket battle.


This is posted without a prereader review, please be kind with corrections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment