08 April 2018

RS Spotlight

The Dungeness Ward Relief Society puts out a newsletter each week. Included is a spot light on a sister. I was asked to submit info and picture for this week. The info was lighted edited. Here is what I submitted:

I really don't like the spotlight, but here goes. I was born in Ft Lewis, Wa about 68.5 years ago. My father was a pilot for USAF. We moved a lot. Lived in Philippine Islands, Germany, and lots of places in the USA. I graduated high school, community college, and senior university in Florida with BS in Chemisty. I ended up joining the USAF, served for seven (7) years. I spent a year remote assignment in Turkey. Enlisted in Oakland Ca, got out in Sunnyvale, Ca. Went to University of Arizona and earned a BS in Pharmacy. Returned to California to practice pharmacy mostly in retail pharmacy settings for almost 30 years. Six years ago was my last day working as a pharmacist. Five years ago I officially retired as a pharmacist. I read Twilight after hearing some sisters talking about it at a RS evening meeting in January 2010. I threw caution to the wind and came to Stephenie Meyer Days in Forks in 2013. Fell in love with the area and decided I'd move here when it got to that point. A year ago, it got to that point. September 2017 I came up a week early for Forever Twilight in Forks to decided exactly where. Sequim felt the best of the choices. 

My parents and brother are all dead. I have two nephews and two nieces, none of them close. I joined the LDS church in New Jersey shortly before being reassigned to Turkey for my year remote. My church activity has not been a smooth road. 

My hobbies are usually done in spurts - reading and photography being the main ones now. I like to walk/hike and enjoy street fairs.  I regularly attend and sometimes work at science fiction conventions, Scottish Highland Games, Renaissance Festivals, and Forever Twilight in Forks. If interested I have a blog: Abby Weyr Poems and Writings, awpaw.blogspot.com. I also have a SmugMug account under Pam Rice, pamrice.smugmug.com.

         ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Thank you Estella Navas-Algarin for the picture that was used. 
I would add there are two books that very literally changed my life: the Book of Mormon and Twilight. Both are mentioned above. And the anniversaries of last day as pharmacist and official retirement are both in April. 
It is a possible interesting note that I enlisted and got out of USAF in California. I was born in Washington and moved here recently and will likely die here. Tacoma and Sequim are not as close together as Oakland and Sunnyvale, but it did strike me as a interesting when writing this up. Full circles of life. 
My reading is mostly science fiction, mysteries, some romance, some historical fiction, and lots of Twilight fan fiction. I also enjoy music - Celtic, Classical, Show sound tracks, light jazz, music from 50's and 60's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment