04 February 2018

OPA one month summary

Arrived in Sequim a month ago. This will be a short summary of the month.

My application for affordable senior apartment wasn't approved, so stayed in EconoLodge for three weeks. Found my way around town, grocery stores and which ones had what I need. Got connected with a realtor. Made a trip to Seattle by ferry to meet with financial adviser as initial interview. Both men prior military and liked what heard, so signed on to help manage my money from sale of condo to make last as long as possible. Made a trip to meet up with other Twilighters in the area in Federal Way. Along the way found the Trader Joe's and Lazy Boy stores. Had my household goods moved from storage in San Jose to here. Only two units open large enough. Rentals are hard to come by for living in and storage. Then found a rental unit to live in with short term lease. With short notice, I did get some help moving some furniture into rental, including my bed, from men in church ward. Bought a red microwave oven to match the Twilight auction win. Made a couple of trips out with realtor, refining what want and need with each trip. 

Every day some progress. Well almost every day, had one wash out day. Things have not gone as planned for this whole move to Olympic Peninsula. I am blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment