12 February 2018

OPA 8 to 11 February 2018 Prop Store auction wins

This is a day late due to not feeling so good and reading another Mary Morgan book. On to my OPA journal.

Thursday and Friday: Shortly after falling asleep I had a nightmare about the box. FedEx arrived at UPS store after hours and left the box at the door like would at a home. It was missing in the morning when the store staff came in. I woke myself up at this point. Could not go back to sleep. Read some in a Mary Morgan book, until about 0300hrs. 

The Prop Store box arrived in the morning, I received text from the UPS store. I picked it up after running some errands around town. The staff at the UPS store were curious and noticed I was excited to get the box. I told them what was in it. The Prop Store tape is something of a give away as to importance of package. Some mild Twilight interest from a couple of the staff.

I had posted to the Dungeness Ward RS FB page asking if any Twilight fans, two responded but not available to help me open the box. Lissy Andros said to bring it to Forks. So that became the plan. Meet up with her and any others in Forks to open it at the Collection on Friday at 1130hrs. Way cool place to do so. I really wanted to open it with company to share the event and for someone else to take pictures. There were comments asking for a FB Live video. Ok..don't know how to do that, but maybe someone else does.

I brought it inside and placed box on rocking chair. After the nightmare the night before, I kept looking at it to make sure still there and resisting temptation to tear into it. Eventually I took it to car, make sure I didn't leave in too much of hurry Friday morning and forget it at home. 

Up early Friday, ready for adventure to Forks and opening Prop Store box. Nice drive down. I was early so went to Outfitters to see if they had step stool and what else might be of interest. Found a cute red truck night light on Christmas clearance end cap. Last one. Also found a silicon strainer that you can boil or steam along with pasta or veggies and just pull out...neat idea and on clearance table. Made me late to the Collection.

Later than 1130hrs at the Collection. Lissy, Lisa Clark, Julie Edwards and daughter, and Sherri Aguayo were already there. I forgot to take TC Tigger and Eeyor in to view the opening. Lissy handled the FB Live feed, Julie had my D5100 camera. 

It was so neat opening the box there under the Dazzle sign with other fans. Nice to have someone else taking pictures and the video, let me just enjoy the moment. 

The red blanket was on top. It is so pretty. Not solid color, but white, pinkish, colors too. [note I can't add pictures to blog from new computer and the old one doesn't recognize wifi. hope to correct that and add pictures later.]

Then the eight copies of Romeo and Juliet and one copy of Merchant of Venice with torn out note. The note was not torn out from that book however. There is also the note about J Jenks. You can feel the heavier cover on R&J with the movie cover overlaid on the original. Lissy doesn't want the MoV copy until April when they get their other items and the display case will be rearranged. The certificates were in an envelope along with a 10% off coupon. The items were in heavy duty plastic bags. There are a lot of large foam peanuts. Nothing breakable and still lots of peanuts. 

And it was over. The video has 1.1K views?! Thanks to all for sharing the experience. So glad I'm here and had the company to open the box. 

Stayed around talking with Sherri for couple of hours. Got some orientation for when I will be a docent there. It was a marvelous day. Went to VIC and checked in with Lissy before leaving. Drive back was a little long, had to stop in Port Angeles for a driving break. 

Had a nice fancy frozen dinner. Either the dinner or all the excitement or something...my GI tract rebelled. I was up and down all night. Saturday and Sunday were very slow days. Missed church to stay close to bathroom. Didn't even want to read until late Sunday afternoon. So that is why this is a day late. I do feel fine this sunny Monday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment