04 February 2018

OPA feelings after a month

Writing up a lot here today. So I posted the usual Thursday to Sunday journal. Then an one month summary of just facts until last couple of sentences. So now one more about feelings. 

This will be harder to express. I don't consider myself very religious or on the best of terms with Heavenly Father much of the time. I try to listen. I try to follow promptings and feelings. I try not to be oblivious to things. Sometimes more successful than others. Sometimes He does kind of have to hit me hard with info to make me see something. 

The first time I went to Forks for Stephenie Meyer Days in 2013, it felt like I was coming home. It felt very much like it did when in 1995 I dropped off Carol Rivkins in London to fly home and picked up David Buchannan to travel back up to Scotland for another couple of weeks. The drive back to Scotland was interesting. The closer we got to Scotland the calmer I felt. The more like home it felt. That is how I've felt every year I have returned to Forks in September. Glad that I have driven up each year, I wonder if it would be the same if flew into Portland or SeaTac. 

When I retired and started seriously considering where I wanted to live, Arizona was on my list with my two nieces and one nephew living in Phoenix area. Then stated hearing how they didn't want to stay in the heat. So why move there to be closer and then they move. So looked at where I wanted to be...where it felt like home, Olympic Peninsula. Add in better able to live off land up here than in Phoenix area in worse case happening. 

Things came to head last April and took me eight months to make it happen. I am slow and methodical most of the time. 

People stated a concern about the weather change and my ability to adapt. So far not a problem. The only time I've been really cold was the three hours of checking boxes off as they unloaded truck. I dress in layers and keep my ears and hands covered. Maybe it hasn't been really cold yet. So far it has been rainiest January in a while. Hasn't bothered me yet. I don't feel all gloomy. In fact the dynamic sky is fascinating.  

Last September I came up early for Forever Twilight in Forks to look at Port Angeles, Sequim, and Port Townsend. Sequim felt the best. It still feels the best. It still feels like home. I am where I am suppose to be, at least in general area. Still need to find the specific location to reside in. Things haven't gone as planned or hoped for, but I am at peace that it will work out. I am happy to be here with a fresh start in many ways.

I don't miss San Jose, well do miss Whole Foods and the non diary yogurt selection there. I do miss seeing friends on Sunday. I am glad for FaceBook to kinda keep up with friends. I will miss BayCon and WorldCon in San Jose this year. I am enjoying the quieter and slower aspect of life here. There are conventions and other things here. New and exciting things to experience. Maybe this is where I can become my best self and shine. [Twilight and Firefly reference both] Take care friends, I could not have done this all without your support. 

1 comment:

  1. Love you Pam! I agree you are where you are meant to be. Sorry it took so long to read these posts kept getting interrupted. Love CJ

    ReplyDelete