11 March 2018

OPA 5 to 11 March 2018 New Permanent Home closer, old trunk

Monday: Shopping day. Found a winter house robe, the only winter clothing I didn't have. Some warm slippers that I'm not sure I like, little arch support so feet may rebel. Found a green pj set on sale, have lots of red and blue and now a green pair. Then the prize of the day...a Tiffany style butterfly lamp on sale. Looked at the selection of recliners in the store. Think I will get recliner and couch from the local store rather than ordering from LazyBoy. Put my money where my mouth is in supporting local businesses. 

Tuesday: Started moving file boxes from storage unit to garage. Moved about 60 boxes I think. Nice bright kinda warm day, except when in shade as I was working on the north side of the unit. Think I earned sitting for my three TV shows tonight. Things going faster than previous moving from Sacramento storage unit to San Jose with such a short trip between home and storage unit here. Even faster than moving from SJ home to storage unit there to clear way to pack as I'm just moving things already packed. 

Wednesday: up early. Got a call to join a meeting this afternoon to help plan the Relief Society BDay brunch on 17 March. Moved more boxes in morning, finished north side and started on the south side. And third row in the garage, finishing that row may be all the file boxes. Not sure how many of the larger boxes I can move. Need to see about elders quorum help again. Don't think I can move all of it into rental and leave room for car. A smaller unit would cost less and save money. Meeting went well. Texted VT companion and meeting on Friday just us. Get to know each other and figure out how do this new VT. 

Received call that my application to Heritage Park has been approved! A new permanent home is closer! After 1700hrs when heard message. So call tomorrow to see if they need anything else at this point. Then call the construction comp and set up meeting to give deposit and start order. 

Thursday: Contacted LJM Properties and have meeting set up for next Wednesday afternoon. Moved more boxes. Opened up some to see what is in and found my convection/ toaster oven! Hope can find someone who needs the one I bought. 

Friday: VT companion asked to delay our meet up until Monday, after I was all dressed and place cleaned up. Now my social anxiety has until Monday to play in backroads of mind. 

I've been thinking about guest room decoration. Came up with nautical theme. I have some items from parents home that are nautical. So went looking initially for table lamps and some small items with nautical items. Not new, but thrift store looking. Saw an old large trunk/chest for $50. Started thinking of expansion to not just nautical, but travels in general. Have souvenirs from my travels that I can display. The trunk could be a place for bed linens for the guest room. Needs to be cleaned up a lot, most of leather straps are gone. Checked with my home decorator advisers, Carol H and Christine J, suggested to make sure it doesn't stink inside. It kind of stayed on my mind, arranging room with it there, how to clean it up, what color to paint it, etc.

I am not usually into decorating with theme and consistency in mind. Just what I like. This guest room is different. I want it to be nicely done. This is new territory for me.

Saturday: Went to thrift store and the trunk wasn't where it was yesterday....deep breathe and went looking for it just being moved within store. And found it. Inside doesn't stink. Inside tag says built in Salt Lake City. Cool. The inside paper will need replacement. There is a ledge for a tray on top. Work on a new wood one eventually. I was able to drag the trunk to car and a gentleman helped me lift into car. At home I was able to lift it out, but not carry far due to weight and large. Again I've not been one to do a lot of DIY projects or at least not complete them. Fixing up my old military trunk and now this one has caught my fancy. Something I can work on while wait for home to be built. I went around rest of Saturday with big silly grin on face for finding this treasure. Looking forward to fixing up both trunks. New territory for me.

Back to storage unit and boxes. Finished moving all the file boxes and started on odd size boxes. Found hangers! Now to unpack more clothes and use those boxes to repack some of larger / heavier boxes. 

Thinking about the wood tray in trunk - put all the places I've lived around the edge of tray. 
Got tired / sleepy and headed to bed with idea of Spring forward. And then got not sleepy. Tried to fall asleep and no luck. Tried quiet relaxing music, Serenity oil, nothing got me sleepy again. 

Sunday: Ward conference and couldn't stay awake seating still. Spirit willing to listen, but body not so able. There is only one priesthood holder that I really know, just happens to be member of Bishopric. I gave him a note with info on moving boxes help. Not best timing with today being Ward conference and next Saturday & Sunday is Stake Conference. Hopefully calls can be made and help will be found and arranged. Once home, nap time. Then some TV while write this up. And hung up five boxes of clothes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment