18 March 2018

OPA 12 to 18 March Ordered home, Forks, speeding ticket, watch dragon

Continued to move boxes from storage unit to garage. Opened some and found my convection/toaster oven! also found my dirty clothes sorting station. Have moved all the boxes I can alone, the rest are too big or too heavy to do alone. Can only fit two in car at a time. Hope to get some help from men in the ward. Maybe I should ask the RS Sisters. 

Monday met with Visiting Teaching companion. Brianna is a nice young lady. She doesn't really know the sisters we visit. Nice that we had time to chat before going out as companions.

Wednesday I met with the ladies of LJM Properties and ordered my new home. Lots of options, but not as many as thought. Not totally happy with kitchen. There is a microwave above the stove. Guess I'll be finding new home for my by then six month old red microwave. A little sad about that. That also means the hood fan does not vent to outside, but just circulates the air, pointless. Really like that red in kitchen. The home will likely be delivered in July - August time frame. 

I did find a new home for the two month old toaster oven. Happy to have mine back. One of sisters working on decorating for Relief Society birthday brunch tomorrow, will be getting it. It was fun helping to set up Friday morning. 

Thursday, I got a free recliner from my landlord. The color doesn't fit me or my eventual color scheme. It is nice to have a comfy chair to watch TV or read in. The recline is even good for using the laptop and get off my feet. Avoiding buying furniture for here with move coming in five to six months. The large trunk was a sorta exception. Trying to just get smaller things to limit what gets moved. I don't want to overwork the volunteers or if have to pay to move, then less will save money. Hopefully I will be able to start going through boxes more and toss, shred, donate, sell items.

Found a couple of other things: TwilightMoms Snuggle and flower print comforter. The Snuggle is just the right weight for cover to take a nap under. Not sure how I came to have this comforter. Could be from my mother's home, don't remember buying and not my usual taste in the past. Nice change, with flowers on white background it is lighter than my other two comforter covers.It does fit the bed better than the down comforter. Hmm...might stick with this white print to counter balance the darker wood of bedroom dressers.  

Saturday I went to Forks for auction to support the HS seniors. Very mixed bag of items donated and very interesting and very big! Some beautiful wood pieces, decorative and some practical bowls. A garden wood bench with planters at end each...tempted but no way fit in my car. There was a wood wall shelves of interest and then there was a beautiful stained glass butterfly, lots of purple. Bid on a couple of the wood bowls...very quickly outbid. The butterfly didn't come up until today and I took my 'call me' tag off. Lissy was the only I knew there. We chatted. She let me know Sunday that the butterfly went for $150. Another time, another butterfly for me. I left after about 4 hours. Tired after so little sleep lately. 

Got pulled over for speeding on outskirts of Port Angeles. Guess good thing didn't win anything at the auction, save money for the ticket. Second speeding ticket in 52 years of driving, first one 38 years ago. Maybe I should have stayed in Sequim and attended the RS brunch. 

Stopped by for quick look through of garden show in Sequim at Boys/Girls club. Wood carver and metal worker outside. The wood guy wasn't informative when asked about doing a dragon. Metal guy had two, one was a dragon in a rock that I liked, other one was wall mounted one - not for me. Inside not a lot of interest for me right now. Since I was so late getting there, I got a band for Sunday. 

Stake conference Sunday meeting. Didn't feel up to driving to stake center last night for adult session. The Sunday meeting is streamed to the meetinghouses. [keep thinking 'we are not in Kansas anymore Toto'] The stake is rather large geographically. Good meeting. Keep it simple. Build it strong. Make it work. That was theme of General Authority's talk. 

Went back to garden show after meeting. The dragon in rock was gone. But he had a tall watch dragon. $30 off...sold. My new home landscaping has begun. Barely fit in car. One vendor was covered up yesterday - hand made hats. Nice. Likely get one eventually. There was a purple plaid one...just not into it today. 


Catching up on laundry this evening as watch some TV shows. One new one starts tonight. Another one has second episode - disgraced magician helping FBI. Will watch one more episode of NCIS:LA tonight, then may switch to Private Eyes on at same time. Watched first couple of episodes of Private Eyes while NCIS:LA was on break for Olympics. Think I like it better. 

Next Friday I will be working as docent at the Forks Twilight Collection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment