25 July 2011

About Poems "Wonder" and "Wonder Child"

These two poems are about Bella discovering she is pregnant in Breaking Dawn and a fan fiction story, “Give Her Some Credit” by kmwhyte.  When I read alternate universe (AU) fan fiction I compare/contrast between the original and the fan story.  I was struck by the sense of wonder / amazement that the authors wrote for Bella as she figures out she is pregnant.  These two poems came about at the same time, kind of alternating between the two.  It was a weird experience bouncing back and forth a stanza here then the other.  In "Wonder"  blue box is box of tampons and the pink bottle is some anti-nausea medicine she was looking for due to morning sickness.  I hope that I have managed to express Bella’s wonder as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment